Thursday, April 19, 2012

sunshine therapy

When our family wants to get away for the weekend we jump in our car and and head due east. Even in sunny Southern California we sometimes go for long periods of gray and gloom (I know Portlanders are thinking to themselves I have no clue about gray days, its true I probably don't.) But even when's its raining head 200 miles east of Los Angeles and I can almost guarantee you'll find sunshine. Thanks to a the San Jacinto Mountains it's always sunny in Palm Springs. The micro range acts like a dam preventing the weather systems from dampening your day, wind is another story.

A few weeks ago on our first day of spring break we awoke to clouds and drizzle, I announced to the kids that they had thirty minutes to throw some clothes into a suitcase that the 'train' was leaving in thiry minutes and wasn't stopping until we reached sunshine.


We arrived just as the sun was setting and before my daughter could take her suitcase out of the trunk  she was out the door running full speed across the empty golf course. I chased her until I felt dizzy and then I asked her if I could have just a moment. I stood there trying to catch my breath. I enhaled deeply as I faced the sun and felt its warmth, I had forgotten how therapeutic feeling the sun on your face can be. And not to mention what it does for your photographs, but YOU already knew that.

Go outside turn towards the sun and let it wash over you.

Lindsey, aka the modchik

ia&a gives me that exact same warm fuzzy feeling with her sunset shot in the grass. I love the shallow dof and glowing light.

  Spring sunset

3 comments:

Corinna said...

Just love the shot of her on the golf course with the sun streaming in. Happiness in 800 pixels.

Holly ~ Soupatraveler said...

sunshine on my face makes all the difference in the world, especially when its nice and warm in winter!

Kirstin said...

Oh how I crave that feeling of sun on my face. Thank you for reminding me that it will be here oh too soon!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!