Tuesday, March 27, 2012

wailing in the breezes


I adore music and all it has to offer. Music is a immediate mood changer, a complete spirit lifter. I couldn't even think of doing this post, without thinking of the music of Bob Marley. I remember when I was a little girl, visiting my aunt in Jamaica. My aunts kitchen was always buzzing with stories, pots of rice and peas, and Bob Marley on the radio, serenading each one of us. No matter how low the sound of the radio was, his message of peace, reached our hearts.

To this day, I remember waking to my aunts neighbor, singing, as he picking breadfruit from his tree. It was a Saturday morning, and I woke out of my sleep to hear an amazing wailing in the breezes to Fadda Bob's, "No woman, No Cry". It was one of the most beautiful things,  I have ever heard. Music allows me to go back to that day in my childhood, as often as I would like.  

As a teenager, I must have popped three Bob Marley cassette tapes, I played them so much. These days his words inspire me on my ipod. His voice reminds me where I come from, and that there will be good and bad days. Music does that. I think that's why I love fro's  photo so much. It reminded me of those days where I put the cassette in the deck, and it was all love. 

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
Bob Marley



One love,
Christina {soul aperture}

{day 71} music is what feelings sound like
{day 71} music is what feelings sound like by fro

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

Christina, I have some of those worn out cassettes too! And how that music can turn back the clock is something quite amazing.

fro said...

I love this theme and I love music and photography of course :) Thank you for including my photo in your post.

Gilly said...

That's a lovely memory, Christina - thanks for sharing it with us. I envy you Bob Marley - I got Jim Reeves and Dean Martin!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!