Friday, February 24, 2012

l'eau est la vie


Water. For 9 months we live in it. We breathe it, inhaling, and exhaling. For 9 months it is our protection, our cushion. And then once we are born, while we have a different relationship with water, I do believe it remains a powerful, healing, essential part of our lives.

When I put my 3 year old in her bath, such a peace washes over her. She plays with her toys, she pretends she's a mermaid, she swims. When I need a good thinking spot, I jump in the shower. Something about that water through my hair, just puts me in a peaceful state of mind, and the ideas, like the water begin to flow. Even doing the dishes, I find clarity and peace. Water is a healer.

A bath, a dip in the ocean, a shower, a run through the sprinkler-these are healing moments. Moments of peace, moments of clarity in our busy lives. Water awakens our spirits, makes us feel alive. Water brings us joy. And I think it is not a coincidence. I feel like we are supposed to find comfort in water. It's where we grew, where our bodies, and our minds were developed.

I took this photo above of my daughter in her bath earlier this week. Completely happy in her tubby. I loved this photo that Leilani (Heavenly Flower) took enjoying a moment on vacation. Complete bliss.

~Audrey Amaro (MamaOwl Photography) of TodayJustBe

healing water
healing water by heavenly~flower
______________________________________________

Thank you Audrey for guest musing with us today. If you'd like to know more about Audrey, be sure to visit her at TodayJustBe. Also, if you are interested in a future guest muse role, please email us at mortalmuses9 [at] gmail [dot] com.

13 comments:

Gilly said...

Wonderful post; for me, being in, on or near water is a healer like no other.

Anika said...

Oh that is beautiful... So serene, just perfect.

cara said...

i adore that photo from lei and love the comparison and message here, and of course seeing phoenix featured!! thanks so much for guest musing Audrey!!

Anna said...

Hi Audrey,
I think you've hit on a key point in our fascination and connection with water! Love the images that support your text perfectly!

urban muser said...

audrey, thanks so much for joining us here today. these photos and your words are beautiful!

Simon said...

Great image to be inspired by and make that jump from pre-birth. Your little one looks delighted and angelic.

heavenly~flower said...

I see a little mermaid! Your little one is so adorable!! Thank you for including my water shot Audrey...the waters ARE healing and full of magic. xo

Audrey Amaro said...

Thank you for this opportunity to muse, and glad to see it resonate with ya'll!! Thank you.

Kirstin said...

Audrey, this is such a wonderful post. So very therapeutic in every way. Thank you. xox

Heather said...

makes me want to go relax in my hot tub...I loved this Audrey...because it is so true. xo

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful post, Audrey! Your words are perfect.

Staci Kennelly said...

Such deep and beautiful words. Healing post!

Holly ~ Soupatraveler said...

wow! i've never thought of water in this way! Love this post and the pairing is perfect!!!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!