Monday, January 30, 2012

looking beyond the window panes

Looking Out
The past week's weather, in my part of the world, has been a bit all over the place...warm one day and cold the next. If only I didn't have to work on those beautiful days. However, on even the gloomiest days, I can't help but to allow my imagination to take over. To pretend for even a tiny moment that Spring has arrived. To imagine children playing on grassy knolls. To people watch as the locals go about their daily routines.

But alas, it is not spring and the streets are bare...as portrayed in ~ania♥'s photo below. People watching must be done in the memories of another time. Yet, these windows allow our hearts and minds to look beyond these window panes...at least until our feet are willing to walk outside. 

Until next time,
Ashley of Ramblings and Photos
Monday blues
Monday Blues by ~ania♥


8 comments:

Gayle Price said...

Hey ania your photos are so, so beautiful ( I went to visit you at your Flicker site ). I'm sorry I pinned this beautiful photo to my Pinterest. I did credit it to you of course but will delete it if you want. I read you didn't want people to pick favourites if they didn't have work to share. Well I try, but my photos are not really up to being shared apart from a few on my blog. Please contact me if this is a problem.

Ania said...

Ashley, thank you so much for featuring my photo here :)

Gayle, thank you for your kind words :) I don't have a problem with my photos being pinned and added to favs as long as I'm asked and credited... thank you for asking :)

Kat Sloma said...

You captured such a wistful feel in your words and both of these images, Ashley. Beautiful!

Anna said...

Hi Ashley,
I know what you mean about the crazy weather temps, although your "cold" is probably warmer than our warm:) Both these images are striking in their architecture and feeling captured! Love how you've woven together looking in and out, memories, time, and photography!

Holly ~ Soupatraveler said...

it has a been a strange winter...i call it april fool's day weather...it doesn't know what it wants to do! you've captured such an interesting mood with these two captures combined with your words...i almost feel like i'm in a jane austen novel! beautiful!

Kirstin said...

Your words go so very well with these pictures. There is an inherent feeling of winter in both...but it will be spring soon!

urban muser said...

these photos go so perfectly together ashley!

Simon said...

Two beautiful images and thoughts to keep in mind.

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!