Monday, November 21, 2011

warmth.


Lately when I think of warmth, I think of all of you. I think of the great community found on blogs like this, on websites like flickr, of the friendships that form via the cold, hard wiring of the interwebs that become warm, safe places for good people. The encouragement and support that is very real despite never actually having met any of these people in person is amazing! All of it feels just as good as that snuggly hug, that fresh cup of coffee, that perfect sunshine on a chilly day, right? Warmth for me is not just literal heat, but a feeling you can get from kindness, from safety, from a happy memory, from a connection made. All of those things are warmth that is stirred up and generated from the people and community here and on flickr and other weblogs. And this virtual warmth sometimes transcends explanation and defies definition, but I think it comes in part from sharing. We share our hearts, we put ourselves out there and open to criticism of our art, and we get more than we could ever give in return. I think this little one of ~*suzannagipson*~'s below is a great example of that sharing, as well as perfect for the "warmth" prompt as she crouches down for warmth on a crisp fall afternoon. I bet you could all think of an example when the warmth I'm talking about has graced you with its presence! I hope so!

Warmly,
Cara of cararosephotos


11/6 by ~*suzannegipson*~

6 comments:

Gilly said...

I really like your take on the 'warmth' theme, Cara - lovely post.

Kirstin said...

Oh this is wonderful, Cara. It makes me feel all goosebumpy!

Anna said...

Cara, love your version of warmth! I know exactly what you mean about the power of the warm support and encouragement that touches each of us through internet friends and contacts!

christina said...

cara, this is lovely. i know just what you mean. this went straight to my heart.
xo

GailO said...

I love what you have written...and those photos! Your post has given me warmth:)

Holly ~ Soupatraveler said...

beautiful sentiments cara! and i whole-heartedly agree with you! love both shots, they both give me that warm, fuzzy feeling!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!