Tuesday, June 14, 2011

our squared selves

I am strong because I am weak.
I am beautiful because I know my flaws.

plait.
  plait. by hilde.wegner...coco

I am a lover because I am a fighter.
I am fearless because I have been afraid.

  untitled by Lou Truss photography

I am wise because I have been foolish.
I can laugh because I have known sadness.
-author unknown

iTwirl by urban muser {texture by les brumes}

As you can see, I am still stuck on the self-portraits from our last prompt.  I'm challenging myself to take 52 selfies this year and sometimes I just can't shake it!

I'll see you next on June 23 when I announce our second month-long summer theme.  Until then, keep the square format images coming--there is so much diversity in the flickr pool...I am loving it!

~christy of urban muser

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are beautiful.

Kirstin said...

Christy, I love this!

Bella said...

Gorgeous!

Anna said...

A beautiful trio and accompanying text!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

I loved the combination of the poem with the images. Love it.

GailO said...

I still have not taken one selfie that I like:) Every once in a while I try again but still end up with someone in the photo that I don't even recognize!

Marji said...

What a beautiful post - words and photos!

Maureen said...

oh I love these images. they truly inspire me to try, try again.

blue elephant photography said...

i so love these shots!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!