Monday, May 2, 2011

hello sunshine

hello kitty

Why, hello kitty. 

Along with pictures of my shoes, I take an inordinate number of photos in my dining room.  Not only is it where my family gathers to eat, spend time together, do homework, and where teetering piles of mail accumulate, it is the first place the sunshine touches each morning.  After months of winter when our house does not get any sunshine at all, the sun slowly creeps high enough over the hills, and it's our dining table where I sit with steaming cups of coffee and soak in those first rays.  And take photos.

Although my choice of reading material might differ from that of my daughter, I understand the impulse to linger after breakfast with the sun on my neck and a scintillating piece of literature - or People magazine - in my hands.

Anika obviously felt that same impulse to pick up a camera on a recent morning as the sun slanted through her blinds.  It makes me want to start the day all over again.  

cheers,
mosey of mosey along

morning light
morning light by anika alonzo {Little Piece Images}

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, I love both of these shots, I love when I wake up to the light peeking through the blinds in the morning. It always makes me smile and linger a bit longer in bed enjoying the welcome to the day.

GailO said...

Lovely!

photography by anika alonzo said...

Thank you for including my photo!

Anna said...

Mosey, great post! Morning sunlight, books, coffee, shadow patterns - what more could one want to start the day?!

Kirstin said...

Our music has the same light too....just wonderful pictures and words, Kim!

Suki said...

Very beautiful pairing. I love the daily activities of family members shown here.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

They are both so great but that Hello Kitty shot tugs at my heart!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!