Sunday, March 20, 2011

textures to go


I came to camera phone photography reluctantly. I am currently deep into a love affair with my DSLR and my 50mm lens with some textures thrown in to keep things fresh. I saw no need to complicate that relationship. However, with a camera phone post looming in my future, I went to the Mortal Muse Flickr pool for some inspiration. Once I saw JoGo's photo I had an epiphany. Textures? You can do textures on an iphone? I did a bit of research on apps, down loaded three - 100 Cameras, Iris and Bad-Camera - and proceeded to use up half a day of my spring break playing with photos and apps (and had to charge my phone twice). Well this just rocks my world, I can take textures mobile! Shhhhh, don't tell my big-girl camera, but I have a new boyfriend.

Thanks JoGo and thanks to all of you who have contributed your camera phone photos to the Flickr group. I have been inspired to travel light and sneak out with my new love more often.

xo

maureen of cottage 960

Yesterdays Blooms
yesterdays blooms by jogo

10 comments:

Laura lok said...

very awesome. what type of phone do you have?

Kirstin said...

Oh Maureen, I love your new boyfriend! Jo is a real pro at iPhone pics too.

Kat Sloma said...

Mo, that image is so YOU. It doesn't matter the camera or app, it's the same photographer behind the viewfinder. Or screen. Or whatever. And I LOVE jogo's photo - that is just gorgeous!

windrock studio said...

Hey there, I have to confess that I'm not there yet with the phone but wanted to say how much I love these images! Thanks for all the sharing that goes on here.

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Oh trust me, I know all about Mr. 50mm. He too is my all time fave! I recently bought a macro lens that I’m smitten with right now but I still have my 50mm very close by!

I have yet to dive into the world of phone photography. I snap away with my camera phone but never expect much. I need to look into some apps that will help my camera phone shots gussie up a bit!

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

Anna said...

Maureen, glad you're two-timing around! Your image is wonderful!!! Beautiful capture from JoGo, also.

urban muser said...

your nifty fifty won't hear anything from me. in fact, i encourage this new relationship :)

Megan Belcher said...

Gorgeous!

blue elephant photography said...

wow those photos are so awesome! i am wishing windows will create a similar app like hipstamatic one day or sooner pls

thatgirlblogs said...

I love these way too much.
And I don't have an iphone.
which is soooo wrong.

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!