Wednesday, March 16, 2011

subterranean shots


When I received my iPod Touch for Christmas, I was so excited that I could enter into the realm of iphoneography. I bought a few apps and then never touched them! Has that ever happened to you? So this theme was good for me, getting me out of my dSLR comfort zone. I went into Milan last Sunday and played around with my different apps on the subway there and back. My camera phone is not going to replace my dSLR anytime soon, but it sure was fun!

The greatest part of this adventure: I finally got a shoe shot! I've been on the Milan subway so many times, wanting to capture the shoes. Italian fashion is an interesting study, and this image captures so much in one shot: The elderly gentleman, impeccably dressed to the tip of his toes; the young woman in her tights and black boots; the student in his tennis shoes and jeans. Even their hands and bags speak volumes to me.

This image by lizzard_nyc is another fun subway study. She captured the readers in the car and the techies on the platform (click on the image below to see her companion shot of the techies in the comments). An interesting look at how commuters spend their transit time, and a perfect example of why camera phones are such a wonderful tool in our photographic tool box. I will more readily pull mine out in the future!

Kat of The Kat Eye View of the World

The Readers vs. the techies (in comments) 52:365
The Readers vs. the techies (in comments) 52:365 by lizzard_nyc

10 comments:

urban muser said...

kat, i love these underground scenes! i am constantly taking pictures with my iphone on the nyc subway--i'm addicted!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

That is me in the tights. Hands clamped together and thinking "Do you have to sit so close?" hee hee.

Ashley Sisk said...

I love your shoe shot and I love subway shots in general - such a great way to take a photo without being so obvious.

Jamie said...

Oh, how fun! I love these shots - a little moment of time.

Tara R. said...

Almost makes me wish I lived in a city with a subway... almost. Great people shots.

Anna said...

Enjoyed the candid shots! You are so right Kat, the gestures and clothes tell it all - no need for their faces.

April said...

yay for a shoe shot :)

Dotti said...

You've inspired me, Kat! I got an iPhone a couple of months ago mostly because it was more convenience camera than phone only I've hardly used it! I've got to work on it. Your photos are fun, fun, fun! :D)

Kirstin said...

Oh Kat, I do so love this. And this is the perfect place to use an iPhone too!

blue elephant photography said...

ha! very interesting photos. i dont have an iphone and my apps are not the greatest =(

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!