Saturday, November 6, 2010

in the still of the night



Night photography poses a particular challenge: it makes me want to capture the buzz of heading out for the evening, or the very different mood of quiet and tranquillity when heading home again: those quiet, deserted streets on the way back after a trip to the cinema, maybe after a night shift, maybe after sharing a meal with friends. I took this on the way home after taking the children trick-or-treating. They had just finished their annual wild rumpus around the big oak tree when suddenly all became still and quiet. And we headed back in happy silence. This picture was taken with my iPhone, as I have set myself a personal challenge of only taking pictures with my iPhone this week. (It's been processed with Camera Bag for the iPhone.)

I loved crumpy's picture. It too told of an evening out (better yet, after a jazz concert!) with a quiet return home along a deserted canal.

I am so looking forward to bokeh with you all. See you soon.
k
x

Far canal
far canal by *crumpy*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the perspective in both these photos, and processing them in black and white make even more of an impact. Beautiful.

urban muser said...

beautiful b&w night shots!

April said...

what a great shot only taken with your iphone, awesome! Nice pairing!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Don't you love the capabilities of the iphone? What did we do without them? Very nice photos.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love black and white and these two are just beautiful.

Stephanie said...

I love the perspectives in these images. Yours def speaks to the quietness with the long stretch of road carpeted with leaves and the action so far away. I love the grainy look of the lit end of the street too :) The second image makes me feel as if I'm looking at the scene very close to the wall like I'm hiding and peeking around a corner. Very mysterious but serene as well. Thanks so much for sharing. I love reading the muses thoughts. This is such a wonderful blog!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!