Sunday, October 10, 2010

motion sickness


I have to admit that my eyes glaze over as soon as anyone mentions shutter speeds and ISO ratings. But light painting has always excited me and was my initial excuse to get me to play with all the settings on my camera, the ones I normally leave well alone. With Halloween and fireworks night fast approaching, my mind is full of sparklers, bonfires and lights shining in the dark. I spent a wonderful family evening in the summer, glow-sticks in the night, painting the sky with shapes, dancing and jumping, laughing and tumbling. It was an evening of collaboration and fun as we waited for the camera to process each photo and then planned our next picture before the mosquitoes became too unbearable and we retreated indoors. This time, just a few months on, I felt much more confident in setting up the picture myself, cooperating with my daughter as I pushed the shutter release and she painted the sky.

I chose saturnsvu's picture as I felt she captured the same excitement, counting to four to see if the photo magic worked. And it did!

kirstin
x

Fire Flower
fire flower by saturnsvu

5 comments:

Karin van D. said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. I haven't tried anything like this before, but this is really inspiring.

Maureen said...

wow. both of those photos rock. and how fun is that, i'll have to try it now.
xo
♥ mo

Anonymous said...

wow, I'm really inspired to try this!

Expressions By Christine said...

Both exciting and fun images! I tried this for the first time in July - it's great fun! :o)

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Looks like fun. I need to try this with the boys.

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!