Saturday, August 28, 2010

lucy - what's in your bag?


lucy
massachusetts

Here's what in my bright red camera bag:

I shoot primarily with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel Xsi. I use the 18-55mm kit lens, the 50mm f/1.8 (my favorite), and the 55-250mm telephoto zoom lens. Also, I have a cheap wireless remote.

When I want to travel light, I put my Nikon Coolpix S550 digital point-and-shoot in my pocket. I also play with underwater disposable film cameras, a 1980s era Pentax film point-and-shoot, and my old Brownie holiday flash. Oh, and the cell phone camera always works in a pinch.

It's all good! Use what you have, and the rest will follow.

5 comments:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I like the way you think, Lucy. I've used it all--large format, medium format, 35mm, point-and-shoot (film and digital), disposable, all the way down to that little Polaroid i-Zone and its postage stamp sized photographs. All of them in color and B&W. As much as crouching beneath the black cloth with my 4x5 made me feel fancy, I am with you all the way "Use what you have, and the rest will follow." I've been doing everything with my beat up little PowerShot for a while now and loving it.

Eileen said...

I love "use what you have, the rest will follow"! It's easy to get caught up in the next "thing", but maybe it's best to focus on what we have, and be thankful for that, both in photography and in life.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I love your words too. I had a D70 that I dropped out of my SUV and was stuck using my camera phone for awhile. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I am currently excited about getting some film for my Polaroids and the new Fuji 210!

urban muser said...

I love your sentiment: "use what you have, and the rest will follow". great advice.

blue elephant photography said...

love your post =)disposable underwater cameras are so cool!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!