Wednesday, August 18, 2010

favorites


Around the house was a tricky theme for me... should I show the toys scattered all over the floor, dirty dishes or piles of laundry?  My dog lazily laying on the couch?  My children running through the house playing and or fighting with each other?  So many ideas came to my mind, and I was inspired as I looked through the flickr pool at the beauty you all have in your homes.
  
This is a picture of my favorite room in my house, the nursery.  Now being occupied by my 1 year old daughter, it holds so many memories and tokens from both of my children and some treasures from my childhood.  Tiny glass animals in shadow boxes (I collected them as I grew up), a doll my mom brought from Mexico, precious moment dolls given to my son from his great grandma, newborn pictures taken by my friend and fabulous photographer Jessica,  books, books and more books, and of course a comfy chair for soothing/nursing/snuggling.  So many memories, I can't wait to add more!
This picture from super ninon really stuck out to me.  It is so simple and beautiful, I love the colors and patterns.  I read from her description that it is her new favorite shirt that she found at a thrift store!
Uploaded by super ninon on 28 Jul 10, 5.13AM EDT.

I love seeing small details that people enjoy in their lives!  

I hope you all have a wonderful day and seek out the memories and treasures through out your homes :)

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm loving the peaks into home we are getting this week, so fun.

Anonymous said...

great compositions!

Kirstin said...

Lovely compositions...I love all those small details too!

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Wonderful compositions! I love it!!!
Hugs, Yvonne

mosey (kim) said...

Love both images. My nursery NEVER looked that pretty (or organized).

blue elephant photography said...

both shots are really cool! and love the tomes!

Maureen said...

Lovely choice of photos for the theme. Beautiful colors in them both.

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!