Friday, May 18, 2012

a feeling of trust

Although I'm a big city girl at heart, I need to get out from time to time. These small escapes always work wonders for me. As I walk along the dusty trails of the nearby countryside, I gradually leave behind the hustle and bustle (mainly in my head). No need to do anything. I sit down in the meadow and contemplate my surroundings. High grasses. Bustling bees. Ever-changing, cloud formations. Trees that spread their green, lavish in abundance, and other trees still waiting for warmer days. I like it to just BE. A feeling of trust rises within me. Trust that everything has its own rhythm; Trust that everything is unfolding at the perfect time; and trust that I'll know when it's the right time for action...for inspired action. The wind turns the blades of grass, and from the distance, I hear the sounds of the big city. All is well. 
suburban idyll 
I see the same mindful serenity in this beautiful shot by Bright Glass. There is so much peace in it. Circumstances come and go. We go on our way. 
view south 
view south by Bright Glass 

 How about you? Can you trust the process of life? And even more importantly: Can you trust yourself and your capabilities to find the right moment for inspired action?

Claudia

______________________________________

Thank you Claudia for guest musing with us today. If you'd like to know more about Claudia, be sure to visit her flickr stream and also check out her street photography, street inspired, on flickr. If you are interested in a future guest muse role, please email us at mortalmuses9 [at] gmail [dot] com.

10 comments:

Kirstin said...

Claudia, I love this post, all that glorious green and yes, your words! Thank you for musing with us. x

Anonymous said...

so true, thanx for musing me

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia,
this sounds very nice, your words made me already calm down and a bit more relaxed.
edi

Meghan @ Life Refocused said...

Beautiful post, Claudia. Your photo and the one you chose along with your words gave me a sense of peace. Thank you.

Holly ~ Soupatraveler said...

Awesome pairing Claudia! Love your words and description of inspired action...YES!

Debra said...

Lovely post Claudia! I'm a die-hard city girl but this is making me think about getting out of town and enjoying (with my camera of course) the vast expanses of nature.

Unknown said...

These both have such beautiful light and color and seem like they go together. And I agree with you about what being out in nature can do for the soul. I grew up in NYC and moved to the country just 10 years ago, and it has been such an interesting experience.

Jolanda said...

Beautifully written Claudia! I enjoy how you describe the peace from the countryside and what yhat does to a person. Hug. Jolanda

Mae said...

what beautiful images, the both of them. and through your beautiful words, claudia, i feel as if i am sitting beside you bathed in the ease and serenity that is so present in your image. really lovely. thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

thanks SO MUCH for displaying my shot....!
I certainly find a little sanity when I'm out on the hills..... although I prefer the sound of larks rising when I'm there!
I find the sounds of the big city sound better when I'm standing on a dusty pavement! :)
Bright Glass

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!