Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the light danced within her palms


Light! Ask any photographer and they will tell you, light can make or break their day. Capturing the perfect light for a photo, can send me to the moon and back. But bad lighting, can send me running for the hills. I waited until about 4pm before accepting the idea, that the sun might not make it's appearance, for me to shoot "light fantastic." So I went for the string of fairy lights and made do. The lights bounced within my camera, the more I worked my lens. I focused just enough, to get the outline of my daughters hands, and fingers. All along, I hoped the jar of lights, would excite me. Soon enough, the light danced within her palms, they told the story I wanted to share, as she outstretched her hands toward me. 

Light is always trial and error for me. I tend to favor light that is natural and softens... light that glows. That's what I saw within dawndh's photo. It's brilliance and natural light, took my breath away. 

Warmly, 
christina {soul aperture}



by dawndh


10 comments:

Becs said...

Wow, beautiful images. I love the lights in your daughter's hands. Just gorgeous.

Anna said...

Hi christina, love the evocative image that you came up with for this theme. Gorgeous!!! The simplicity of design and soft light in dawndh's photo is stunning!

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful pairing...I love how the light dances.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful photos! I've been so scared of the light for so long when taking photos. Always placing subjects in the shade. Then I daringly stepped ut of that shade and I'm so happy I did. I'm learing to embrace the beauty of light.

Joys O. said...

Love the light.. Beautiful!



I hope you stop by and follow my blog today too x

Marilyn Miller said...

I just love the idea of light dancing in her hands. Oh how beautiful the photo and the thought.

dawn said...

thank you so much, christina for this total honor. your image is absolutely beautiful.

christina said...

thanks everyone! this was a fun one.
xoxo

Kirstin said...

Such beautiful photos, Christina. And I love the image of the light dancing in her hands. So beautiful...

GailO said...

Beautiful! Love the fairy lights!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!