Monday, August 29, 2011

within a photograph


The negative space within a photograph is sheer bliss. The space can be calming and peaceful, allowing a place for the eyes to rest, while taking in the photo. A park bench of sorts, within the photo, for the admirer of photography. 

I found this very type of soulful space, nestled above, in between and below, my flowering tea pot and red cup.  The soulful feeling continued when I saw "View" by Red Kiwi Photography. The cotton candy sky and jeweled color water, welcomed me in, allowing me to admire it's beauty.  

Warmly,
Christina {soul aperture}

View

View by Red Kiwi Photography

17 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

I love the colors in both of these, warm and cool. Gorgeous Christina!

Kirstin said...

What a thoughtful post. And such quiet pictures too.

Elena said...

I'm so drawn to photographs with negative space. Absolutely love them. They are a bit mysterious!

gina said...

Both are wonderful images -- so peaceful!

Anna said...

I so agree. The negative space is as important for photographers to consider as the objects within a composition. Wonderful examples!

esra said...

Lovely post! Wonderful images. I like the peaceful mood in them.

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great and sweet post. Love the colors in both shots.

Cathi said...

Beautiful! xxoo :)

Anyes said...

Beautiful photographs, very sweet words to describe negative space

Holly ~ Soupatraveler said...

i feel it too! nice and calming and peaceful. lovely pair : )

Unknown said...

Lovely calming shots. :)

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

I have been stalking your blog all weekend, devouring lots of great information. I LOVE your blog! Even though I am not a photographer and will probably never be, I love taking photos and would like to get better at it. Thank you for the great bits and pieces of info you have offered here. You have beautiful photos!
P.S. I decided I had better comment before you start worrying about all my visits. :)

Sherry said...

What I love about the negative space is that it is filled with possibility...but you get that Ms. Christina, I know that!! ♥

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love the way the sky just glows in the second shot. Both are really pretty!

christina said...

thank you all so very much!
xoxo

Gilly said...

Love your analogy of the negative space being like a 'park bench' within the photo!

GailO said...

Love the idea of beg space as a resting place:). Beautiful photos!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!