Monday, February 28, 2011

art you can eat

still life snack

I promise that muses Suki and Kat and I did not consult on our photographs for this theme - we obviously all are drawn to still life's involving food.  For me it was certainly a labour of love.  I tried to think outside my own box and take a photo of flower arrangements or items around my home, but after a morning at the farmer's market my subject for today's post was a given.  And after such hard work taking my photo, I had a nice snack.

As for my choice of ania's lovely textured pear?  A nice thinly sliced portion with some organic local artisan cheese sounds delightful.  Wine, anyone?

cheers,
mosey of mosey along

Bosc
Bosc by ~ania♥

12 comments:

Gilly said...

Really nice shots. I love the use of texture on the pear, and how the text has been placed - really effective.

Kirstin said...

Such a beautiful food pairing too...cheese and pear! Gorgeous.

urban muser said...

great shots, you are making me hungry! i love the shadows made by the plate and fork in your photo.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Both of these have such lovely light.

Anna said...

Both very striking, high contrast captures! The simple, strong arrangements in these photos also add to their power. Excellent!

Tracy (SurprisePally) said...

both images are just beautiful. the light in the first one is amazing and i adore the fun texture in the photo of the pear!

Ania said...

Oh yes, a nice slice of pear would go so nicely with this wonderful chunk of cheese :)
Beautifully presented freshness, lovely light...

Thank you so much mosey for including my picture, quite an honor :)

Jamie said...

I love that you got a lovely photo and yummy snack out of the project.

blue elephant photography said...

yum yum yum! love both photos!

Elizabeth Salaam said...

Yum is right. You've put me in the mood for a lady snack of pears and cheese and other fancy goodies.

GailO said...

Now I have to go get a snack:) Delicious photos!

Heather said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!