Monday, November 8, 2010

peeping toms


I am a sucker for night photography - it gives me the excuse to be a bit creepy and sneaky. I normally go through my day trying not to stare at strangers. mostly. There are some pretty weird people out there - so I do my best. But at night? anything flies. No one can see you and you can peep away. Now before you call the fuzz on me and think I'm a total creeper, I am only peeping on people in public spaces [geesh]. I see a lot of photos of street photography shot during the day and I am just WAY too chicken for that. I prefer to peep at night under my cloak of darkness. like the silent night creeper. happily clicking away - hidden tightly in the bushes.

Its not that I think baresilver is a creeper too but her shot Seattle Night captured a moment of total strangers without their knowing and now she's gets to tell a story that otherwise wouldn't have been told. There's something cool [& sneaky] about that in my books.

keep on keeping on muser peep[er]s!
til next time,
Michel of wishful thinking

Seattle Night
Seattle Night by baresilver

12 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

I so agree with you Michel! It's one of the reasons I love night. And keep my windows closed. :)

Anika said...

Love these!! Both great photographs, moody...

April said...

Peeper!
I get scared to take pictures of other people too :)

Elizabeth Crocker said...

OMG! Both of these shots are so wonderful & the jounal is right on!

Chelsea said...

Love the headlights in the first photo...it adds so much to the shot. And the bottom shot seems so mysterious! The lighting, the inability to see their faces...both wonderful!

Jamie said...

Awesome photos!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Great way to end our 9 days of Night! I feel like peeping myself.

mosey (kim) said...

I'm rarely brave enough to take photos of people (strangers) anything other than surreptitiously. I like the sneaky method.

Baresilver said...

Thanks for highlighting my photo! I'm also terrible of taking photos of strangers, I never have the guts! I'd been working hard at it all day, so I think that's why I was able to react quickly and snap this when I saw them. :)

GailO said...

I adore both of these shots! I have been inspired to try and get out and take night shots more...especially now that it is dark so early:)

holly { Soupatraveler } said...

these are both fabulous! i'm slowly working over the fear of street shots, love how you find a way around it at night!

Kirstin said...

Sneak away, Michel! Fabulous shots.

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!