Thursday, October 14, 2010

taste of home


This week I am on a business trip back "home" to Oregon, and while thinking of our "Food, Glorious Food" theme, I realized that food is a big part of travelling here on a visit. I plotted out my non-working hours of this trip carefully, planning the friends I will meet and the food I will eat. Mexican food with salsa verde, bagels, and good old cheddar cheese are all absent in Italy; these are a little taste of home that I have to indulge in while I'm here. Could there be any better comfort food than this diner dish of potatoes with melted cheese, sour cream, and salsa? Not for me.

Our social lives and family events often revolve around food. We don't always know what we will miss until we're away from it, as I've been. It's good to celebrate the things that we love, those tastes of home that remind you of family and friends. I enjoyed christineellen's image that captured a wonderful moment of family and food, for just that reason.

Kat of The Kat Eye View of the World

Lobster with the whole family, it doesn't get much better than that!
Lobster with the whole family, it doesn't get much better than that! by christineellen


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my potatoes, that looks delicious! Could life get any better that THAT?!

urban muser said...

these look great. i love lobster!

Jamie said...

When I was living abroad my trips home were always carefully planned so I could eat as many of my favorites as possible. Mexican food was always high on the list!

Kirstin said...

Oh both of these meals look so delicious!

Christine said...

Thanks for choosing my photo! That was a great day!

GailO said...

I have never lived away from home but when I travel finding delicious and new foods are as important as seeing the sights...maybe more:)

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

amazing shots. The lobsters remind me of growing up in New England and summers in Rhode Island.

Maureen said...

Great shots of both dishes, very yummy. Perhaps I'll see if I can find my stove after all . . .
♥ mo

Carola Bartz said...

When we go back home to Germany we always dream about what we want to eat - and then go for it!!! It's pure splurge, the most important being the bread. I can understand you missing your favorite food!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!