Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cool like a tall drink


Wow. This is just amazing. A muse? I feel pretty awkward. I'll do my best so please bare with me. To reiterate the other 8 muses' and their words of gratitude, I thank all of you for taking part in this amazing project . You inspire and motivate. I hope I can do the same for all of you. 


I have been battling with this theme in that I don't have a ritual to partake in to keep cool with the limited summer days I have in this northern climate of Edmonton Alberta. I actually relish in any warmth we get. I sweat with pride so to speak. (ewwww gross) Really though, I soak it all in. 

Although without tradition, one thing you can be sure of is I will be involved in laughter with good people during many summer days and nights. Winding down the day with good company and perhaps a glass of vino.

This is precisely why I chose this photo below. I saw the photo of  eahNC and covet the southern tradition it lends. I see this jar being shared with love. I have always pictured my 83 year old self sitting on a porch swing with my love, sucking back a lemonade or ice tea basking in the twilight of dusk. Gathering up our thoughts on the day. *sigh*. This photo has the tradition my 34 year old self some day hopes for. 

192/365 Beat the Heat
Uploaded on Jul 8, 2010 by eahNC

Oh my gosh, this brings an end to our very first theme! We have absolutely loved these past nine days and truly hope you all keep coming back for the upcoming theme of Around the House. Tammy will start us off tomorrow with our first post. 

whoop whoop! see you in 9 days. 
xox 
m

12 comments:

urban muser said...

beautiful shots! i love your vision of your 83 year old self. a great way to round out the first theme word. see you next time.

Terry's Girl said...

Beautiful photo Michel.

Suki said...

Gorgeous shot, Michel. I just know there are a lot of traditions you'll make without even knowing.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I love the way you see your 83 year old self. I think of my 83 year old self when I am trying to make decisions. I ask myself "Will _____ help me to be who I want to be when I'm 83?"

Brooke said...

Gorgeous shots!

Monybean said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shots :) well said and well done!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Wonderful combination of photos. I feel like I am right there enjoying a glass of wine and witty conversation. :)

Kristine said...

beautiful capture!

mosey (kim) said...

What a beautiful pair of photos. Yours definitely represents the warmth and sweetness of summer.

Kirstin Mckee said...

Absolutely gorgeous....

tortugachick said...

Beautiful images and love your words; how you envision your 83-year old self and LOVE ♥ this line: "This photo has the tradition my 34 year old self some day hopes for." Very inspirational! :D

Beth said...

thanks so much... I'm inspired to take my honey out to our porch swing and sit a spell tomorrow night!!! (a spell being relative, what with the humidity and all... my "pride" allotment is full up for the summer!) Seriously, though, I'm honored that my image gave you such sweet thoughts and that you've shared them with us. And your image so wonderfully portrays summer with the bare shoulder, golden sunlight and natural face that I'm trying to re-envision my 20 something self ;-) But onward we go... Cheers to the future!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!